Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Still going

I realized the other day that it's been eons since I posted anything here, and I almost decided to delete the blog. However, I've really enjoyed having a reason to listen to and think about new music, so I'm going to pick it up once more.

Anyone here a fan of My Morning Jacket? I have just recently started to get into them. I haven't decided which album to buy on my limited budget. Any suggestions?

In terms of recent music I feel like I have to comment on The Killers' "Day and Age". I have been surprised at how much I like this poppy-sounding album. I don't know if it's the lyrics or the voice or just everything, but I'm really enjoying it. I don't laud it among the best of the best, but I think I might actually buy the album.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe that The Killers could actually be a good group. However, I refuse to listen to them because of unfavorable remarks made by the lead singer in regard to Thom Yorke.

Anonymous said...

Dude, I just got on here to chastise you for not posting in forever and alas, there is indeed a post. Did you know The Killers will be at The Rave on 4/30?

Anonymous said...

I like a little of both of them. Probably more of My Morning Jacket suits my tastes.

Dude, you look like 1999 again. Nice work.

AaronLYoung said...

thumbs up for the Killers. thumbs down for my morning jacket.

Have you checked out the Avett Brothers? They are far from electronica, but not far from S. Carolina. I'm impressed each time I listen to them.