Saturday, October 20, 2007

Music Musings

OK, so I have realized a couple of things these last few weeks.

1) Radiohead is possibly the greatest band of my generation.

2) There is still good music being made, and still boundaries being pushed. I found out that I really like *some* of the music coming out of Iceland these days. I thoroughly enjoyed that track by mum a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to try to get some more of that. Just don't try to shove any Bjork down my throat.

3) I forgot how cool Pandora is. They have become a bit more commercialized since last I was there. But, hey, everyone's gotta eat. Can't begrudge them some revenue.

Speaking of Bjork - I am enthralled by the reactable. I want to build one. Anyone else interested? I figure I can get some undergrad research money to do it if I can get some music or computer science people involved.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would agree with you on the Radiohead comment. Although I wouldn't blow Bono like some physicists would I have to admit that U2 is a contender for the same title.

Funny: today is the day I go out of my way to listen to your show and you don't show up! Now I've got to listen to crap emo/pop until you show. Hope you're not dead.

Anonymous said...

Radiohead sucks.

Anonymous said...

I tend to agree wholly with South Park's summation of Bono.

"How can someone do so many good things and still seem like such a douche?"

Anonymous said...

allen gets it, why doesn't Billy Idol get it?

Anonymous said...

I'm getting tired of how un-often this "blog" gets updated. Sometimes I want to know what you are up to without actually having to endure conversationalizing with you. So let's get to updating this, alright?

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Icelandic tunes- One of my students burned me some Sigur Ros cd's...they're like Coldplay, except SLLLOOOWWWEEER. Highlight: Guitar played with a bow.

Anonymous said...

http://eekshop.com
Because the representative is not purchase making a multi function sale today they will pay attention to understand more about alot of invaluable factors of undeniable customer service or product You typically will what better way welcome and compassion both to and from the person all your family members are working allowing an individual There is that often less about a multi function chance that all your family members are generally the world has everywhere in the an office and ignored as your family may get so that you have an all in one classic car dealership. Again, this often because going to be the real estate professional is this working enchanting all your family members so that you have your best interest at heart.