Thursday, August 21, 2008

AFI and Thom Yorke

Two radically different directions to take today. First, the good news: Thom Yorke's solo album The Eraser is out (has been for about a month now) and I don't think it disappoints in the least. It's basically Radioheadish, but focuses on Thom's voice and amazing electronic production instead of the rock sounds of the rest of the band. From what I hear he's not ditching the group, just needed to get some stuff out of his head. I, for one, am happy he did.

Now for the bad news. Apparently I am a closet goth/emo kid. For months now I have been rocking out to a song on the radio and in Guitar Hero 3 without knowing the name of the song, the name of the band, or the content of the lyrics. I was appalled when I finally looked it up this week only to find out the band is AFI, the song is Miss Murder, and it's basically about suicide. Blargh. I feel dirty.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Eraser came out 7/06. Better late than never, I suppose.

AaronLYoung said...

I enjoyed The Eraser, but I think Johnny Greenwood is a big part of why Radiohead is so rockin' all the time, although it's hard to discount the other dudes.

As far as AFI goes, it's okay if you're gay sometimes. It's okay.

Josh said...

'06? Wow, I *am* late. Someone please warn me ahead of time when cool things are happening! I'm too old to be hip these days.