Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Too Old

OK, anonymous caught me yet again. I wish I knew who that person was, since they seem to have all the facts that I don't. Apparently I rely too heavily on iTunes to find new music. The Eraser was out for a loooong time before it was available on iTunes, hence my confusion.

Fortunately, this blog really only has two purposes, and neither of them is to alert the public to new and awesome music. First, it helps me stay in touch with a few people scattered around the world; and second, it forces me to listen to more music than my daily grind would otherwise permit so that I have something to write about.

So, what's the music connection of the day? I don't really have any. I spent the weekend camping in Door County, WI where they only listen to oldies and country. I didn't have any mindblowing experiences there musically, but I sure did have a good time. My kids slept in a tent, avoided poison ivy, avoided falling in the lake with their clothes on, and generally made this the first bona fide success in full Kennedy-family vacationing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to be your friend.

At any rate, I'm glad that you all had a wonderful time camping.

Mike said...

Are you buying music off of iTunes? And if so, do they make suggestions based on prior purchases? I've never bought from them before.

Josh said...

A long time ago I decided that 99c per song and mild copyright software was a decent compromise between my love of music and my love of my money. I still download a few things through less-legitimate means if I know I only want one song and I'm only going to listen to it a few times.

Yes, they do work up a whole big-brother profile and give you suggestions, but I generally find the suggestions less than helpful. I just like the search feature, new music listings, and sometimes the reviews by other users.

AaronLYoung said...

Camping's not a contract, but it's very nice. In fact we've been backyard camping for the last two days since we didn't have time to get to a real camp site. We bought an outdoor fire burning stove so we even have our own camp fire in our backyard. It's probably the best $90 we ever spent. Amazingly, when it gets dark and all you have is camp chairs, a fire, and a tent nearby you feel miles away from home even though the house is lurking in darkness a mere 25 yards away.